Question

adding/appending from csv value to excel value

• 6 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

hello experts,
I am trying something that to some of you may be quite simple so I hope one of you is able to help me out.
All i am trying to do is to append/add the value cnt from the inlinequerier to the existing excel file.
I am trying to write the cnt value into the count_of_errors value where the incoming feeder name is the same as the destination one (in excel file).

thank you,

fb

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

pre-note: I would recommend using FeatureReaders and FeatureWriters instead of Readers and Writers because things will be a bit more intuitive.

You say you want to add data to an excisting Excel-file, but you are reading a CSV file and then using an InlineQuerier to add some other source. This looked a bit confusing to me at first, but I think the InlineQuerier is reading the Excel?

I think I would do the following:

Creator → FeatureReader (Excel) + FeautureReader (CSV) → FeatureMerger → AttributeValueMapper → FeatureWriter (Excel)

I usualy don't like to ‘update’ the same Excel, but write a new Excel with the same data, but it can be done using the xlsx_row_id to write the data to the same row as it came from.