Skip to main content

Not long ago, I updated the FME from 2017.0.0.1 to 2017.0.0.2, But today I found that it can't use Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb ArcObjects) format. If I choose Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb ArcObjects) format, FME prompts the error and automatically shut down. And I open workspace that include reader or writer with Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb ArcObjects) format, I try to change reader or writer's parameters, also can appear the same problem. FeatureReader and FeatureWriter have the same problem.

I remember in the previous version?FME 2017.0.0.1 64bit?, there is no problem .

Also installed the FME 2016.1.3.2 64bit on my PC?Use FME 2016.1.3.2 64bit can read and write with Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb ArcObjects) Without any problems.

I also refer to the following URL?I confirm that I have installed [ArcGIS for Desktop and 64 bit Background Geoprocessing].

Notes on FME and Esri Versions and Compatibility

Don't know if anyone had experienced the same problem with me. I want to know whether this is a BUG. Thanks.

Hi, you must have 64bit ArcGIS installed on your computer - either ArcGIS Pro or the 64bit background geoprocessing addin. Then the ArcObjects code can execute. i.e. Check your licensing.

Hi, you must have 64bit ArcGIS installed on your computer - either ArcGIS Pro or the 64bit background geoprocessing addin. Then the ArcObjects code can execute. i.e. Check your licensing.

I use 32bit ArcGIS 10.2.2, But i installed [ArcGIS for Desktop and 64 bit Background Geoprocessing]. Until the FME 2017.0.0.1, I can use FME 64bit version to read and writer GDB with Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb ArcObjects) format.

I solved the problem through to reinstall FME 2017.0.0.2 64bit. it can read and write GDB with Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb ArcObjects) now. Looks like the FME file has damaged.