Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm exporting numbers to an EXCEL template.

When I open the file in Excel some cells are marked with a green triangle and the following information is displayed: "The number in this cell is formatted as text or is preceded by an apostrophe".

This only happens to those cells for which I perform a division in FME. Other cells where I only have numbers or sums are not affected.

The problem also occurs if the template is just an empty Excel file.

Any idea how to avoid this? Is there any setting in Excel writer or do I need re-format those numbers before they are written? I tried already to explicitly convert the numbers beforehand (@double(<float>)) but to no avail,

Thanks, Rob

Can you provide us your workspace?

Hi @rob_f

are the not formatted numbers integer or float? Is there the same decimal separator in both - formatted and not formatted numbers? What is your system default decimal separator?

Hi Lena,

the numbers causing an issue are of type float, the other ones are integers. The cells in Excel were formatted the same - as Numbers.

Anyway - your question made me look at the Excel Writer settings: I changed data type from "auto" to "number" and that seems to do the trick.

Many Thanks, Rob