Skip to main content
Hi there

Does anyone know why i cant edit the Data Download Service properties? The "Edit..." is greyed out.

I have the very simple demo workbench (from samples.zip) - textline input and text output - and need to set the reader to accept HTTP content. But when I go to Publish to FME Server, the Edit.. is not clickable.

What reason would there be for that?

Many thanks

Doug

Hi there,

Could possible be a secuirty setting. Can you check that the user you authenticated with belongs to a role which has access to the Data Download Service

Ken
Thanks for the response Ken. I have looked at that but no luck so far. I remote connect to the FME Server where FME Desktop is installed and I publish from that. My user login to the box itself is an Administrator account. I log in to FME Server as Admin - and have given that admin/superuser and even Author roles.  But still greyed out.

Not sure though what you mean by the user has acces to the Data Download Service? Is there an additional level of security at the Service level? I couldnt see that in the FME Admin page.

Doug
The services are definitely accessible to the Roles ie. FMEADMIN, so there has to be something else going on.  Does the 'Publish to FME Server'  part of FME Desktop use SSL? Our build is on Tomcat 7 (rather than IIS) and am wondering if there is some extra security step needed there? Cheers.

Doug
I thought this might have something to do with the logon used by the Windows FME service, but that doesnt seem to be the case.  Does anyone know what condition needs to be met so that Edit Properties is disabled when trying to publish a workbench?

Many thanks

Doug
This issue persists. Have scoured the logs with no sign of errors.  I can create a new repository from within Workbench so would have thought security is all ok.  In OBJECT POLICIES, fmeadmin is in there (the role I have as admin) and have double-checked that the fmeadmin ROLE POLICY has virtually everything checked. Have tried various writers - the simplest workbenches - but nothing allows me to hit that Edit Properties button. Would really appreciate someone at Safe clarifying exactly what can disable those buttons (on all services).  Many thanks. Doug
Answer!

Many thanks to Safe tech support who identified the issue:

It was the  <FMEServer>\\Clients\\utilities\\serviceWorkspaceDefs.xml

file not being consistent with the real URLs of the services

My host had changed (without my knowledge) and so I re-ran the addServices.bat with the correct URL. All then worked properly.

Doug