Question

Is it possible to return FME 24 to a Classic View?

• 16 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

I’ve been dabbling in the latest release of FME Form 2024 for a little while now and I’m just not getting the benefits of the new look, specifically the removal of colour from most icons.

I could go into personal reasons why colour helps myself with attention to detail, concentration and focus but I’m just wondering if it’s possible to get a classic look while utilising any new functionality.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Color themes would be a nice addition.

Badge +2

Seriously!! I have downgraded to FME 2023 just for that reason. Different strokes for different folks, so why not provide an option to change the appearance, themes, icons, etc. Or just call it FME 1994!

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Seriously!! I have downgraded to FME 2023 just for that reason. Different strokes for different folks, so why not provide an option to change the appearance, themes, icons, etc. Or just call it FME 1994!

Ooof, FME 1994 would have been command line and hand-coding mapping files 

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Color themes would be a nice addition.

Bit of a blast from the past question but would be nice to have some personalisation or classic themes available.

Badge +9

I’m wondering what human factors analysis drove the result to remove the colors from the navigator objects and other icons? My feedback to the visual designers at safe: Essential objects like Readers and Writers ae now barely to distinguish compared to previous versions.

Bringing back the icon colors would be a great support.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

I’m wondering what human factors analysis drove the result to remove the colors from the navigator objects and other icons? My feedback to the visual designers at safe: Essential objects like Readers and Writers ae now barely to distinguish compared to previous versions.

Bringing back the icon colors would be a great support.

I’m generally interested in that too. The blog post states “This redesign was informed by an extensive audit and feedback from our community, reflecting our commitment to not just meet, but surpass your expectations.”

The title mentions focus but I find it so bland that it doesn’t drive focus and useability but reduces it.

Either way, I’ve created an idea to provide theme selection to at least offer users the choice of colour vs simplistic.