Question

How do I convert data from a google sheet into a excel spreadsheet

• 15 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hiya, I'm very new to FME and have only used it once or twice. I have automated a google sheet to pull in data from Google Analytics using the Google Analytics add-on rather than connecting it via the API.

I have read in the google sheet as the reader and the writer would need to be the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet however when I'm using the attribute manager to tidy up everything for some reason it won't write out to the excel spreadsheet its just blank.

Am I using the wrong transformer?

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @brodileex​ ,

Welcome to the community!

Converting from Sheets to Excel should be pretty straightforward but here are some tips to look out for if you aren't getting an output.

1. Inspect the feature caches on the source dataset and the final transformer in the workspace to confirm that your attributes have the correct values.
  2. Assuming your features have attributes and values, the next thing to confirm is that your attributes are mapped correctly in the writer. If you manually defined your attributes, there should be a visual indicator that the attributes have been correctly mapped (green).

If you are using an Automatic attribute definition, this is all handled for you.

We have a handful of Excel specific articles as well in case you wanted to see a few other examples! If you are still running into issues it would be great if you could share your workspace or screenshots if it can be shared publicly.