Question

We run an FME License Server in AWS on a Linux 2 box. We are required to upgrade to Linux 2023 but the redhat-lsb-core package is not available.

• 7 December 2023
  • 2 replies

To previously set up our license server we followed the majority of info in this link:

https://community.safe.com/s/article/create-fme-license-server

The documentation show that the redhat-lsb-core package is required for the license server. The problem is the new Linux 2023 is based on Fedora and CentOS, whereas the previous Linux 2 box was based off the REHL 7, so it's now unavailable. Curious what others who may be required to upgrade their machines to Linux 2023 may have done or are planning on doing?

2 replies

Badge +5

From the release page of Flexera there looks like there has been resolved an issue with non-lsb linux kits, which I think we can categorize Linux2023 box as beeing. Comparing AL2 and Amazon Linux 2023 - Amazon Linux 2023 Since lsb has been removed, and software which used it has to transition to a simpler os-release package. FlexNet Publisher Release History - Community (flexera.com)

So I think maybe Safe has to answer if the latest FME licensing server support the latest version of FlexNet? couldnt find any realese notes about that point. FME 2023.x Release Content (safe.com)

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

From the release page of Flexera there looks like there has been resolved an issue with non-lsb linux kits, which I think we can categorize Linux2023 box as beeing. Comparing AL2 and Amazon Linux 2023 - Amazon Linux 2023 Since lsb has been removed, and software which used it has to transition to a simpler os-release package. FlexNet Publisher Release History - Community (flexera.com)

So I think maybe Safe has to answer if the latest FME licensing server support the latest version of FlexNet? couldnt find any realese notes about that point. FME 2023.x Release Content (safe.com)

@Paal Pedersen​ @sdlasiter​ theoretically, the version of lmutil or lmgrd can be higher than the version of the Safe FlexNet. Flexera does recommend using the latest versions of lmutil and lmgrd.

Our documentation mentions that "FME requires the version of FlexNet that is included in the installer", but in this case it's worth testing out the latest version.