Solved

Tolopoly Builder wont break polygon

• 30 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

I have two polygon datastets and i send them to the Topology Builder so that they will get break at the intersection. However it does not give the result I expected. My expectation would be a similar result to thearea on area overlay 

my output looks. The overlapping area are not broken. Any idea what i may have been doing wrong

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 30 April 2024, 12:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Try the AreaOnAreaOverlayer instead, that should break up overlapping polygons.

Badge +6

I know that areaonareaoverlay gives the result I expect as I have written in the question. I wanted to know why the topology builder doesn't  do.

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

I know that areaonareaoverlay gives the result I expect as I have written in the question. I wanted to know why the topology builder doesn't  do.

Hi, Please - could you share us the dataset for test?

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Simply put: because it is a different transformer. The TopologyBuilder computes topological relationships between input features and outputs those topological relationships. The AreaOnAreaOverlayer simply intersects the input features and outputs the geometrical result.