Skip to main content

Cento = 100

Um = 1

Raw DataI wantFme_resultCento Um1011001

How resolve These type of numbers

Hi, looks like You are concatenating strings "python wize" ('100' + '1' = '1001') and not make a sum with numbers. So converting to integers might do the trick, i.e like int('100') + int('1') = 101

Hi, looks like You are concatenating strings "python wize" ('100' + '1' = '1001') and not make a sum with numbers. So converting to integers might do the trick, i.e like int('100') + int('1') = 101

Not something you get asked every day! Don't forget Portuguese is inflected by gender. Just maybe if you find a list of words you could use NLP processing to do this.

Which transformer are using tell me please

Hi @tomjerry.vl. I did not use any transformer her, just pointing to the fact it seems you are concatenating strings and not making a sum from number/integerss:

Strings: '100' + '1' = '1001'

Numbers, converting strings to integers before s: int('100') + int('1') = 101

If You need to convert strings to integers in FME there is several transformers (or Python for that sake) which can be used as AttributeCreator, AttributeManager. In both cases set up the expression with the Arithmetic Manager.

Tq but my problem is thousands of numbers having test formats in Portuguese language every digit have a different text format like

NumberNumber in EnglishNumber in Portuguese

NumberNumber in EnglishNumber in Portuguese1OneUm

30ThirtyTrinta2TwoDois

40FourtyQuarenta3ThreeTrês

50FiftyCinquenta4FourQuatro

60SixtySessenta5FiveCinco

70SeventySetenta6SixSeis

80EightyOitenta7SevenSete

90NinetyNoventa8EightOito

100One HundredCem9NineNove

200Two HundredsDuzentos10TenDez

300Three HundredsTrezentos11ElevenOnze

400Four HundredsQuatrocentos12TwelveDoze

500Five HundredsQuinhentos13ThirteenTreze

600Six HundredsSeiscentos14FourteenQuatorze

700Seven HundredsSetecentos15FifteenQuinze

800Eight HundredsOitocentos16SixteenDezesseis

900Nine HundredsNovecentos17SeventeenDezessete

1000One ThousandMil18EighteenDezoito

Examples

19NineteenDezenove

197One Hundred and Ninety-SevenCento e Noventa e Sete20TwentyVinte

367Three Hundreds and Sisty-SevenTrezentos e Sessenta e Sete21Twenty-oneVinte e Um

1453One Thousand Four Hundred and Fifty-ThreeMil e Quatrocentos e Cinquenta e Três.........

555Five Hundreds and Fifty-FiveQuinhentos e Cinquenta e Cinco

Given Raw source Test format but i need numerical format in fme how to convert text format to numerical format please tell me

note: Between numbers 1-1999

For example : Rua Cento e Um Rodovia converted to Rua 101 Rodoiva

Hi @tomjerry.vl,

I don't have a full answer for you but this previous question may be a good place to start as there are a lot of solutions offered by the Community. Some of the suggestions included the use of python modules for going from words to numbers. I believe something like num2words supports Brazilian Portuguese if that's something you might like to explore. Or if you wanted to create your own solution, ebygomm's workspace template may be a good place to start, but I definitely see your problem with the tens/hundreds being a bit more difficult to handle than in English. Hope this offers some more options to try!