Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a workbench that I have tested on fme desktop and works. I upload this exact workbench to the server and while it runs successfully it gives me a different output to that of the desktop version. I have not changed any parameters. Would anyone have an idea as to why this is happening or what is the best way to debug and fme server workbench if it is working correctly on desktop?

Thanks

B

Hi @bjudes​ 

Please- could you share us the log file generated by FME Server?

You can find this information in Jobs.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Hi @bjudes​ 

Please- could you share us the log file generated by FME Server?

You can find this information in Jobs.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Hi @danilo_fme​ 

Thanks for the reply. I've attached the log file.

Thanks

B

Hi @danilo_fme​ 

Thanks

B

Thanks for the logfile.

In the log file there is  3571 features written in the feature name B20_LC_PP_test_5x5. Is the same information in the log file generated in your FME Desktop Workbench?

Hi @danilo_fme​ 

Thanks

B

The workbench gives out an ouptut file with 6910 features written and the same feature name. The server appears to have dissolved a by the guid thus dissolving about half the parcels. Even though this is not in the workbench.

Hi @danilo_fme​ 

Thanks

B

Are FME Desktop and FME Server in the same version of FME?

Hi @danilo_fme​ 

Thanks

B

Server is 2018.0 and desktop is 2018.1. I have to run on 2018 due to a bug in 2019/2020 that I have already flagged with safe (See here).

Hi @danilo_fme​ 

Thanks

B

That might be an issue. Can you download the FME Desktop build that matches your FME Server and try it with that one?

I always highly recommend that you keep your FME builds the same across Desktop and Server to ensure compatability. An older FME Desktop with a newer FME Server is usually ok but I would be very weary of it being the other way around, like in your case.