Skip to main content

Hi, everyone.

I have two datasets. I need to find polygons that do not overlap, even if they have different shapes. I'm using a spatial filter, and I've tried others too, without success. When analyzing the failed ports, some polygons appear as 'NO INTERSECT', but in ArcGIS, it's possible to see that the polygons are overlapping others. I've tested this and I think the intersection analysis in ArcGIS is better than the spatial transformers in FME. How can I perform this validation correctly in FME?

I'm worried that my results are not reliable when using FME for detecting overlaps. Could it be that my configuration in the transformers is incorrect? Which transformer or configuration is equivalent to the intersects operation in ArcGIS?

Hi @mr_fme How much does the overlap appear to be in ArcGIS?  The SpatialFilter should be correct about polygons overlapping or not.  To verify, try a Chopper (and maybe a Densifier) to reduce the polygons to points and then a NeighborFinder to get the distances between them.