Skip to main content

Hi,

I want to overlay labels from a FGDB point file on a raster. I'm using the Labeller transformer but my points never pass through. I've uploaded a workbench.

Thanks for any help.

B

Without any source data your workspace doesn't really offer many clues to work with. You'll probably want to use the MapnikRasterizer rather than the Labeller though if you want to add texts to a raster image.

Thanks @redgeographics. I've uploaded a sample of the data. The reason I was using the labeller is it is suggested on the VectorOnRasterOverlayer.

Thanks for the help.

Sample.gdb.zip

*update

Hi @redgeographics, I figured the labels are not passing through the labeller as it only works with line or polygon features, mine are point. I have used TextAdder to pass them onto the VectorOnRasterOverlayer. The output is giving me just point data, I'm not getting the label text and am not sure why.

Thanks for the help.

B

Thanks @redgeographics. I've uploaded a sample of the data. The reason I was using the labeller is it is suggested on the VectorOnRasterOverlayer.

Thanks for the help.

Sample.gdb.zip

*update

Hi @redgeographics, I figured the labels are not passing through the labeller as it only works with line or polygon features, mine are point. I have used TextAdder to pass them onto the VectorOnRasterOverlayer. The output is giving me just point data, I'm not getting the label text and am not sure why.

Thanks for the help.

B

Yes, the Labeller does not do points, you could use a LabelPointReplacer instead.

However, I still think using the MapnikRasterizer gives you more control over the output. Just feed your points and raster in there. Specify "Text" for the points and set the style and that should do the trick.

Yes, the Labeller does not do points, you could use a LabelPointReplacer instead.

However, I still think using the MapnikRasterizer gives you more control over the output. Just feed your points and raster in there. Specify "Text" for the points and set the style and that should do the trick.

Thanks for the help. I ended up using the LabelPointReplacer, it worked well for what I needed. :)