Skip to main content

Is their any reader in fme available to read data from getech and convert into fgdb??

Hexagon's Gtech data is stored in an Oracle database.

The Oracle Spatial Object reader can be used to pull out the data.

If you have a really old version (before 2000), you might need the Oracle Relational reader (Oracle 7.3.4 and older), but the chance of that is small.

No specific reader is available.

Hope this helps.

@sandeepchettu As @erik_jan mentions you have to use the FME Oracle Spatial Object reader. It does assume you have a reasonably good understanding of the Hexagon G/technology database and data model. This is because you have to peice the data together from different tables. There are a couple of approaches you can take:

• Create appropriate views in the G/tech database and have FME read those views (preferred approach)
  • Read all the tables using FME Oralce reader and using FeatureJoiner or FeatureMerger, join the appropriate feature in the FME Workspace.

@sandeepchettu As @erik_jan mentions you have to use the FME Oracle Spatial Object reader. It does assume you have a reasonably good understanding of the Hexagon G/technology database and data model. This is because you have to peice the data together from different tables. There are a couple of approaches you can take:

• Create appropriate views in the G/tech database and have FME read those views (preferred approach)
  • Read all the tables using FME Oralce reader and using FeatureJoiner or FeatureMerger, join the appropriate feature in the FME Workspace.

Thanks @markatsafe,Will views importing require gtech data model knowledge or else we can directly transfer data into fgdb.As I am layman in getech datamodel.

Hexagon's Gtech data is stored in an Oracle database.

The Oracle Spatial Object reader can be used to pull out the data.

If you have a really old version (before 2000), you might need the Oracle Relational reader (Oracle 7.3.4 and older), but the chance of that is small.

No specific reader is available.

Hope this helps.

We are using Gtech 10.2 version.

Thanks @markatsafe,Will views importing require gtech data model knowledge or else we can directly transfer data into fgdb.As I am layman in getech datamodel.

@sandeepchettu I think you would need someone on the project team who understands the G/Tech data model. That would be my advice. You can use our partner locator to find an FME partner that might be able to help.

@sandeepchettu if you are from India, we could assist you