Skip to main content
Does anyone know (or can test) if when you only have access to the ESRI Data Interoperability Extension license...assuming you have ArcGIS 10.1, which gives you FME 2012 under the bonnet... can you access FME Store components like custom transformers? This is possible IF you have the ESRI Edition of FME Desktop if you extend ESRI, but I'm wondering if you can see the store or install downloaded FMX files if you have only bought the Data Interoperability Extension direct from ESRI?

Cheers, Dave
Hi Dave,

Working with ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 and Data Interoperability Extension 10.1 Sp1 which is build 12265 of FME I do not have access to the FME Store.

I do have access to .fmx files which I have previously downloaded from the FME Store that are saved in the <My Documents>\\FME\\Transformers folder. However I cannot edit them because this attempts to open a second FME instance which is not available with the Data Interop Extension. And if I embed them I have to be sure that all versions of the transformers in the custom transformer are available in the Data Interop.

Cheers,

Robyn