Skip to main content

I have and CSV address data file. There are address number ranges that I could expand it with the help of bruttino. Using Cloner and attribute manager transformers.

I need to do another clone and need your assistance.
I also have 2 fileds: “Street Address Number Suffix From Code” and “Street Address Number Suffix To Code”. For example, from A to D  
I need to copy based on the number of suffix between From and To, then replace the current suffix. like A, B, C, and D for this example.

I also have 2 fields: “Suite from Number” and “Suite To Number”, which are combination of number and letter. For example from 2A to 2D.

I need to get a result like 2A, 2B, 2C, and 2D.

Do you have any idea how to handle these fields? 

I really appreciate your assistance.

Hello @marjan_nikoukar, thanks for posting! Apologies, can you try providing some more information on the first part of your issue? It might be helpful to share an input dataset, workspace, and or a copy of the expected output. This will make it easier to conceptualize how the data needs to change from Source to Destination. 

Regarding the second point, can you try using a AttributeManager and Aggregator. We can firstly create the combined value using a AttributeManager, then concatenate all CombinedValues using an Aggregator: 

Happy to help, Kailin. 

Hello kailinatsafe,

Thank you for your respond. 
This is my dataset:

Address line 1 Street Number Suite From Number Suite to Number
1 AVE NW 10 1A 5A

and this is the required result:

Address line 1 Street Number Suite From Number Suite to Number Required Suite Number
1 AVE NW 10 1A 5A 1A
1 AVE NW 10 1A 5A 2A
1 AVE NW 10 1A 5A 3A
1 AVE NW 10 1A 5A 4A
1 AVE NW 10 1A 5A 5A

Very similar thing for Street Address Number Suffix From Code and To code.

Address line 1 Street Number Street Address Number Suffix From Code Street Address Number Suffix To Code
1 AVE NW 10 A D

and this is the required result:

Address line 1 Street Number Street Address Number Suffix From Code Street Address Number Suffix To Code Required Street Address Number
1 AVE NW 10 A D A
1 AVE NW 10 A D B
1 AVE NW 10 A D C
1 AVE NW 10 A D D

Thank you so much for your help.

Hello @marjan_nikoukar, can you take some time to review & run the attached workspace? The ‘Scenario 1’ bookmark addresses the Required Suite Number extraction, where the ‘Scenario 2’ bookmark deals with the Required Street Address Number. Let me know if you have any questions about the workspace or if I have misinterpreted something. Happy to help, Kailin.

@marjan_nikoukar, sorry, one more thing to note, if the translation fails on a rejected feature coming from the Cloner in Scenario1, you can update the Navigator > Translation > Rejected Feature Handling: CONTINUE ON TRANSLATION. This will not impact the output. Best, Kailin.

Hi kailinatsafe,

Thank you so much for your time. This workspace was created with a newer version of FME Workbench. At this time, I am not able to update the version.
Is there any possibility of saving in a lower version? Unfortunately, it is not opened correctly.
I really appreciate your assistance.

Hello @marjan_nikoukar, no worries at all! Resharing the workspace in FME 2023.0.1 😃 Let me know if you still have issues opening! Best, Kailin