Skip to main content

FME seems to disable linetype generation by default when creating dwgs. Is there any way to enable linetype generation?

@bjudes

Hi.

You need to do following.

Create a template file where you load the linetypes you intend to use (or all of em).

Now, either

1)_ Use a DWG styler and add the file path to the template file box.

or

2) set the parameters using (for instance) a attributecreator. Parameter names can be gleened from the writer. For instance autocad_linetype =ACAD_ISO02W100

It still wont' work at this stage...because

3) mandatory: add the file path to the Template file parameter in the Parameter setting of the ACAD writer in the Navigator panel.

(yes you need to point at it twice if you use a DWGF styler! Why? I don't know)

DWG styler using a template file is not sufficient to set styles etc..

I wonder if this is a program error?

Greets,

Gio

@bjudes

Hi.

You need to do following.

Create a template file where you load the linetypes you intend to use (or all of em).

Now, either

1)_ Use a DWG styler and add the file path to the template file box.

or

2) set the parameters using (for instance) a attributecreator. Parameter names can be gleened from the writer. For instance autocad_linetype =ACAD_ISO02W100

It still wont' work at this stage...because

3) mandatory: add the file path to the Template file parameter in the Parameter setting of the ACAD writer in the Navigator panel.

(yes you need to point at it twice if you use a DWGF styler! Why? I don't know)

DWG styler using a template file is not sufficient to set styles etc..

I wonder if this is a program error?

Greets,

Gio

Thanks for the help Gio

I have already created a template file in cad to colour the various layers. As you suggested I imported it into FME in the 2 different places (which I too thought was weird :)). I cannot however figure out how to enable the linetype generation in AutoCAD within a template file, I'm not a CAD expert, would you have any idea? I understand this is not an autodesk forum, but it's worth a try.

*edit.

For example I set the linetype to PHANTOM2 for one layer and this is still coming across as Linetype generation:Disabled.

Thanks

B

@bjudes

First of all, I did not set linetype_generation in the workbench. In my file it has value 0. And still I can see the linetype.

According to AutoCAD site you can use command (commandline) plinegen=1 to set it.

You should also be able to control it using an attributecreator in fme to set the parameter "autocad_linetype_generation"=1 (it is a Format attribute)

Phatom is generated correctly in my Acad. ( I use Autcad Map 2016 btw).

If all fails, check the linetype scale. Scaling can also be set using parameters or DWG styler.

Some linetypes do have scaling issue i.e. they are too small for the type, try setting the linetype scale to something like 0.1 to see if it owrks.

See the inserted pics, second pic is scaled.