Skip to main content

Hi all

I have a simple IFC file which has just 8 IFCWalls and 2 IFCSpaces. When I run a simple query for retrieving all records for IFCSpace elements ( select * from "public"."IfcSpace"; ) , SQLExecutor duplicates all records. For instance, I have 2 records for IFCSpace but after running the query, I'll get 4 records. How can I avoid duplication? (I use PostGIS)

The SQLExecutor has 2 features as input, so he transformer runs two times. That's why you have double the results.

Add a Sampler before the SQLExecuttor to get just one feature.

Thank you @oscard for your response, but I reckon you meant adding sampler after SQLExecutor, am I right? Anyway, it worked! Thanks.

Thank you @oscard for your response, but I reckon you meant adding sampler after SQLExecutor, am I right? Anyway, it worked! Thanks.

It would work both ways, but adding the sampler before the SQLExecutor would mean less work for the database and less data to be processed by FME.

Can you please explain how do you do that? I mean I don't have duplication before SQLExecutor so, it would be again 2 records after using Sampler and then result would be 4 records.

Can you please explain how do you do that? I mean I don't have duplication before SQLExecutor so, it would be again 2 records after using Sampler and then result would be 4 records.

Your SQL sentence in the SQLExecutor has zero dependency on attributes from the input (three is no where clause, for example); so the output is going to be always the same no matter the input.

You have 2 features that enter the SQLExecutor, so the SELECT sentence is executed twice. What you should do is filter the input to keep just one. That could be achieved using a Sampler (it is not a DuplicateRemover). To keep just the first feature: