Skip to main content

I'm looking for some help with creating a Bridge in CityGML with two BridgeParts. Those BridgeParts can consists of one or more other objecttypes like BridgeConstructionElements.

I've tried many things, but I can not figure out how to create the hierarchy of all the components in CityGML...

Of course using the gml_id and gml_parent_id to connect elements, but unfortunately this somehow doesn't work out the right way.

Anyone ?

Like to share the final solution!

What I like to see is a hierarchy:

one bridge

consists of two bridgeparts

whereas different bridge elements like constructionelements can be found in both 'bridge' and the two bridgeparts

So, something like this (simplified of course):

<Bridge gml_id: BRIDGE>

Bridgepart
gml_id = part_1
gml_parent_id = BRIDGE

BridgeConstructionElement
gml_id = 563456
gml_parent_id = part_1

gml_id = 373648
gml_parent_id = part_1

gml_id = 238656
gml_parent_id = part_1

BridgePart
gml_id = part_2
gml_parent_id = BRIDGE

gml_id = 956345
gml_parent_id = part_1

gml_id = 397364
gml_parent_id = part_1

gml_id = 238965
gml_parent_id = part_1

</Bridge>

Hi @Harmen Kampinga​,

To set up the CityGML hierarchy, it is necessary to set both the hierarchy links and roles. For features with geometry, both the LoD and role can be set with the FME Hub transformer CityGMLGeometrySetter. For features without geometry, simple create the attribute citygml_feature_role and set it to appropriate role. These roles are defined in the CityGML Bridge UML, which can be found at https://www.citygmlwiki.org/images/a/a0/CityGML_Bridge.pdf.

I am attaching an updated workspace illustrating how to create a simple Bridge.

Hi @Harmen Kampinga​,

To set up the CityGML hierarchy, it is necessary to set both the hierarchy links and roles. For features with geometry, both the LoD and role can be set with the FME Hub transformer CityGMLGeometrySetter. For features without geometry, simple create the attribute citygml_feature_role and set it to appropriate role. These roles are defined in the CityGML Bridge UML, which can be found at https://www.citygmlwiki.org/images/a/a0/CityGML_Bridge.pdf.

Thanks @daveatsafe​ ! I will dive into it and let you know!

Hi @Harmen Kampinga​,

This was exactly I was looking for!

Thank you @daveatsafe​ !