Skip to main content

I have a remote postgres / postgis db that I'd like to import data using .sql file resulting from an FME translation. Something like ogr's PGDump format using the COPY method

Kindest regards...

Hi @travisk,

why you don't write direct to postgres with the postgres or postgis writer in fmedesktop?

So, for our infrastructure, I've implemented some SystemCallers that call pg_dump and pg_restore. I think you can create your "custom SystemCallers" that call ogr2ogr script or commands.

Bye, regards

Hi @travisk,

why you don't write direct to postgres with the postgres or postgis writer in fmedesktop?

So, for our infrastructure, I've implemented some SystemCallers that call pg_dump and pg_restore. I think you can create your "custom SystemCallers" that call ogr2ogr script or commands.

Bye, regards

The database is remote and I have no direct connectivity from my workbench. My typical workflow is to use ogr2ogr to create a intermediate sql file and sneaker copy it to my db server then run pgsql dbname < myimport.sql to insert / update my tables. I could write a a simple text file that creates a table and performs a bunch of inserts or a bulk copy similar to ogr2ogr but I was hoping for a out of the box solution that could handle managing the feature type definition.