Skip to main content

Hi,

I have what I thought would be a simple FME process to read from an SDE table and change one value depending on an existing field in the same table. The process is 'IF FIELD1 = 10 THEN FIELD 2 = 2' as an example.

The table is in a relationship but that shouldn't really need to be involved as this update is all in one table. When trying to write back to the table I receive the below error:

"Attempting to write a non-relationship feature to relationship class. Ensure the 'geodb_type' is set to a valid relationship class type"

I have tried setting the 'Ignore Relationship Info' parameter on the reader but this still comes up with the same error. I have read the information here but I wouldn't have thought adding these fields was required to simply update one field in a table. If anyone can share some information that would be greatly appreciated. When I initially created the workbench a couple of weeks ago this ran when testing so I'm not sure what has changed with the geodatabase setup since.

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi @cdoherty,

Judging from the error message you are getting, one of the features you are trying to write/update to is possibly set incorrectly. Are you able to share your workspace? Would allow me to visualize the workflow.

Hi @cdoherty,

Judging from the error message you are getting, one of the features you are trying to write/update to is possibly set incorrectly. Are you able to share your workspace? Would allow me to visualize the workflow.

Hi @trentatsafe,

Thanks for your quick response. Please see workspace attached. lossvalueautomation.fmw

As you can see it is fairly simple, a reader, attribute creator and writer.

If you have any ideas that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi @trentatsafe,

Thanks for your quick response. Please see workspace attached. lossvalueautomation.fmw

As you can see it is fairly simple, a reader, attribute creator and writer.

If you have any ideas that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

Hello @cdoherty,

As you stated, the workspace is fairly simple. So without seeing it in action, I cannot pinpoint an exact cause. Although with doing updates, do you have a unique field(that does not change and is unique to each feature in the table) that you can use as the update key. As currently, I see the writer is set to update, but I don't see a key being used. If you can set an update key in the writer and let me know if that helps. If not we might need to set up a screenshare so I could take a closer look at the workspace. I hope that helps.

Hi @trentatsafe,

Thanks for your help with this, I set the Unique ID field but unfortunately received the same error. I would be grateful if we could set up a screenshare to hopefully get this resolved.

We are in the UK but what times would be best for you and how do you usually screenshare?

Thanks again for your help with this.

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi @trentatsafe,

Thanks for your help with this, I set the Unique ID field but unfortunately received the same error. I would be grateful if we could set up a screenshare to hopefully get this resolved.

We are in the UK but what times would be best for you and how do you usually screenshare?

Thanks again for your help with this.

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi @cdoherty,

I have sent you an email to set up a screenshare to go over this issue together.