Skip to main content

We are running FME desktop 2017 and are struggling to do a custom number format that will show the 'pound' symbol when writing to a new Excel sheet. shows a '?' symbol instead. the doller '$' works fine. We have changed the font to Arial and checked the character encode and it still wont display the £.

Hi @p80cey,

Thanks for reporting this. I tested this out and I see exactly what you mean. I did test this in the latest FME 2018.0 beta and it seems to be working there. Are you able to use the FME beta as a workaround? You can have more than one version of FME installed on your machine. Just be sure to install the new version into a seperate directory.

Hi @p80cey,

Thanks for reporting this. I tested this out and I see exactly what you mean. I did test this in the latest FME 2018.0 beta and it seems to be working there. Are you able to use the FME beta as a workaround? You can have more than one version of FME installed on your machine. Just be sure to install the new version into a seperate directory.

Thanks for testing and advising on 2018. The workbench will be run through Server 2017 so we would need to test that a 2018 workbench would run through Server 2017.

Hi @MattAtSafe,

Thanks again for getting back to me. Your example worked a treat! I feel such a nelly as I should have come to that conclusion myself.. your awesomeness has been noted, keep this up and you will soon be working the milkshake counter at Safe.

Thanks again.