Solved

Automation sends 8 emails when I only want it to send 1 or 2

• 25 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +15

I have a workspace that includes two Emailers that send emails based on what file is added to a folder. If a zero byte file is added to Folder A then an email will be sent; if a file that is more than zero bytes is added to Folder A then an email will be sent. It runs good in FME Form, it send two emails one notifying the recipient of a zero byte file added to Folder A and one email notifying the recipient of a non-zero byte file added to Folder A.

But, after I publish this workspace to FME Flow, and create an Automation with the Directory Watch Trigger (triggered only when CREATE .... new file is added to the folder) that kicks off the workspace, it sends me 8 emails. Is this a bug with using the Emailer Transformer? I notice that in FME Flow I cannot view the Emailer parameters as I can with other Transformers.

Any ideas on how I can get this Automation to send me only two emails?

icon

Best answer by hkingsbury 25 October 2023, 23:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I think you should be able to use a split-merge block to aggregate your messages so you only send one email

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2021.1/html/FME_Server_Documentation/WebUI/Automations-Actions/Merging-Messages.htm