Solved

Automation: email the result xlsx file with the dynamic name

• 23 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hello,

I have automation which triggers a workbench and has to send result file on email in the end.

The resulted excel file has dynamic name with @DateTimeNow parameter.

How to set that automation takes the correct file? If I add fixed name, it works fine but I don’t know how to make it for dynamic name. Could anyone help, please?

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 23 February 2024, 14:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Do you send the email using an Emailer transformer in the workspace? Then use a FeatureWriter to write the file and initiate the Emailer, and use the filename from the summary feature.

Badge +6

Thanks for the reply. No, I use Action in the Automation itself:

Badge +6

Do you send the email using an Emailer transformer in the workspace? Then use a FeatureWriter to write the file and initiate the Emailer, and use the filename from the summary feature.

Thank you! I have adjusted my process using Emailer and set it to attach output _dataset and it works as expected. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

The path to the file is in the dataset attribute.

Userlevel 5

You can use the Automation writer to send the filename from your workspace back to the automation:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-ReadersWriters/automations/automations.htm

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Thanks David learned something new today. I expected it to be possible but never used it myself.