Solved

Workspace description not appering on form anymore

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,
I am a very basic Flow/Server user, but handy enough at Form/Desktop. My company recently upgraded from 2022 to 2023. I have noticed after the change a few of my workspaces no longer have their description appearing online and I can’t work out why this wouldn’t.
For example, in the workspace description I would usually put a basic description or some instructions. I then publish it to Flow, and it used to be that the description would be in the online interface. Does anyone know what’s going on and how I can make this reappear?

It used to appear here:

The workspace does have a description:

icon

Best answer by j.botterill 25 March 2024, 05:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +19

Hi James, that is indeed odd. Looking over the ‘change logs’ on the Safe fme download page...

There may have been a bug that was fixed in FME 2023.2.3 = b23782

Unfortunately, you may need to upgrade FME flow unless you contact support@safe.com with your current version and they can advise of a workaround.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Unfortunately, this is a known issue. The bug fix was released in FME 2024.0 and backported to FME 2023.2.3 b23782. There is no workaround or resolution other than upgrading. 

A potentially undesirable workaround could be using the Message type User Parameter to share the description of the workspace. However, the text will appear in the Parameters section rather than description in the Web UI.

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Badge +4

Thanks for your answers @j.botterill and @keziaatsafe,

Unfortunately my company will be a while before upgrading again