Question

DGN V8 writer not writing global display levels properly

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have a process that writes out a dgn. Some of the levels in it are required to have their global display turned off and others are on, in the initial state. Basically some levels are hidden on opening a file. I used a feature writer to do this with one stream having their global display set to on and another to off. This worked a treat.

Until recently when my company upgraded to 2023(.2.1) from 2022. I haven’t changed anything but now everything writes as turned on even though some is set to be hidden. I did not see that this is a bug that was fixed in future versions from the changelogs.

Does anyone have any hints for me how to get this working again please? Or have I lost the functionality now?

Thanks
James

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +19

This does sound like a bug.

There is a format attribute called 

Unsure if you can populate this against the levels you want Yes = 1 and No = 0 prior to the FeatureWriter

Actually reading over the 2023.1 change log downloads.safe.com/fme/beta/whatsnew_2024_1.txt you’ll find this potential fix

Badge +4

Thanks @j.botterill for confirming that I wasn’t going crazy,

I wasn’t able to get the display_attribute to work. I also unfortunately can’t upgrade to the 2024 version. My company only just upgraded and I won’t be able to.
What I did try is specifying all the levels individually in a template file and having the relevant ones turned off. This was tedious and I never had to to it. It also didn’t work previously but this time it did. So I guess I will go with that