Skip to main content

Was previously running Windows 10 Pro build version 1809, until yesterday when Windows decided to update me from build version 1809 to build version 1903. This update seemingly has deleted FME Desktop application, though the other FME application such as Data Inspector and Quick Translator are still present.

I launched FME Licensing Assistant 2018.1 and tried to enter in my Home Use License serial number into the Single-Fixed-License field. But it returned this error.

""Invalid trial activation code

This trial activation code has already been used to generate a license. If you wish to obtain a new trial activation code, please visit www.safe.com/trial.""

The license is valid for another two months. So my license isn't expired either. I also tried pointing the FME Licensing Assistant 2018.1 to C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME\\Licenses since the license file still exists. That returned "License not valid on this computer"

So I'm at a total loss, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Charles

@catatsafe Since you were able to help me resolve this issue last time thought It would be best to tag you for this similar issue.

Hi @charles,

The windows update likely changed your registration key, all fixed licenses are tied to this key, which locks the license to the specific machine. By this change, through no fault of your own, your license file would have been invalidated. Home use codes can only be used once regardless if your timeframe is still valid. So long story short, you will need to relicense using a new home use license code . To get one, please reapply at safe.com/homeuse and in the comments note this is a replacement.

Please note we made changes in FME 2019 to reduce the likelihood of windows updates invalidating our licenses. Feel free to get the latest version at safe.com/downloads

Cheers

Hi @charles,

The windows update likely changed your registration key, all fixed licenses are tied to this key, which locks the license to the specific machine. By this change, through no fault of your own, your license file would have been invalidated. Home use codes can only be used once regardless if your timeframe is still valid. So long story short, you will need to relicense using a new home use license code . To get one, please reapply at safe.com/homeuse and in the comments note this is a replacement.

Please note we made changes in FME 2019 to reduce the likelihood of windows updates invalidating our licenses. Feel free to get the latest version at safe.com/downloads

Cheers

Perfect thanks. I submitted an request to reapply for my home use license. Email received indicated 24 hours before my claim would be reviewed. Also I'm going to make sure to update my FME Desktop installation after receiving new license key to hopefully limit or prevent this issue from happening in the future.

Thanks again. @catatsafe