Question

Select multiple Features in Universal Viewer...

• 15 January 2013
  • 2 replies

I was wondering if any key kombination exits to let me select a couple of features in the Universal Viewer. Lets say you have polygon features and you want to select some of them and theyre not adjacent. I would like to click on the features on the screen, that I would like to select and hold one key to select a couple of them.

Thanks for any help,

best regards,

Stefan

2 replies

Badge +14
Hi Stefan - as far as I'm aware it's one at a time only. CTRL and SHIFT allow you to have pan enabled and zoom in and out without swapping tools all the time. Drawing a window to select features only allows you to step between features.

Having said that the Data Inspector may get this in the future now that the Tabular View has been introduced. I suspect it would be helpful to multi-select rows in the table and see the features of interest in the map window. I haven't played with the today's 2013 release yet to know if that's in there or not.
Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer. I was aware theat CTRL and SHIFT will not work, but I thought that there might be another key option.

Today I tested with FME 2013: In the table view it's possible to select some features with holding SHIFT or CTRL. In the view you will see only one feature selected. But as usual you can go through the selected features at the right site.

I guess it's not possible to select some features in the view holding one key...

Best regards,

Stefan