Skip to main content
Annoying issue. Using a local *.CSV file as the input for SchemaMapper. When moving this to FMEServer.

I would be happy to do one of the following:

1. Upload this file and keep it the same for all runs of the workspace (does not work as the "Dynamic path" is different from when the SchemaMapper is run on FME Desktop and it seems this path is hardcoded somewhere)

2. NOT upload the file, but copy the file locally on the server on the same path

'D:\\apps\\FMEServer\\Server\\repository\\xxx\\xxx_schemamapping.csv\\' 2013-04-28 23:53:47|   1.9|  0.0|INFORM|CSV Reader: Done reading CSV files in directory `D:\\apps\\FMEServer\\Server\\repository\\xxx\\xxx_schemamapping.csv\\'

Using FME2012 for the moment, however they are switching to FME2013 in some time. Not sure if it helps anything with this issue?

Also I would say that handing input paths/filenames on FMEDesktop workspaces and then uploading them to FMEServer seems to be quite a challenge.
Hi SigTill,

Maybe a shot in the dark, since I have limited experience with FME server, but did you try adding the file path (directoty and filepaths reader) and passing it on as a parameter to the server?

Cheers,

Itay
Hi Itay!

Thanks for the reply, I notice I get few replies, so I guess I dont write easy enough for everyone to understand 😞 (or there is not a straight forward solution).

I have both tried to upload the files when uploading the workspace, and also as a input-file when running the workspace on FMEServer directly.

When I upload my Schemamapping.csv with the workspace it seems to find it. However when I upload my strangeformat.dll it gives the error:

Writing request to FME Server channel failed with error number 392009. Publishing to FME Server was not successful

I have not been able to Google FME why this file fails the upload.
Hi SigTill,

So why not use by loading both ws and schema doc?

Beside that I think this is really a case for support....

Itay