Question

Possible to maintain data integrity for Multi-part Annotation features?

• 9 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

As per my knowledge, FME does not supports reading Multi-part Annotation features from Geodatabases (File or Enterprise).

Is there a way or workaround to handle reading and writing Multi-part Annotation features?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @ranga_tolapi​, thanks for posting! Have you seen the 'split multi-part annotation' parameter on the File Geodb reader? This parameter specifies whether or not to split multi-part annotations into separate features for each 'element' when reading. I noticed there is also an option to preserve 'split complex annotations' on the reader as well. By enabling this option, richer text representations (eg. annotations) are broken into simpler features that try to preserve text style and placement. Please let me know if these parameters help with your inquiry! Hope this helps, Kailin

Badge +7

Hello, @kailinatsafe

Thank you for the response.

I have enclosed a File Geodatabase (Created using ArcGIS Pro 3.1) with an Annotation feature class contains only one multi-part annotation feature.

Below screenshot is of the multi-part annotation feature from the enclosed File Geodatabase.

Can you please help with a sample FME workbench, which reads the enclosed multi-part annotation feature and writes it back as a multi-part annotation feature to an another File Geodatabase.

Your support will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.