Question

multiple testers

• 7 January 2013
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
Hello, 

Does anyone know of a way to automatically create testers? I have a large number of fields that I want to test for the same value, and cant think of an easier way than manually creating multiple testers...

What I want is to be able to select all fields, and filter those features with a speciic value.

Thanks, 

Owen

9 replies

Hi Owen,

you can use the TestFilter to set up a multiple test for different attributes. So you can choose different attributes and then test them in one step for one value.

You will have just one transformer instead of multiple Testers.

Maybe that helps you,

best regards,

Stefan

... one additional hint: You can use the 'Duplicate' button to speed up the setting of you test condidions...

Sorry I forgot to mention that in my first post...
Badge +1
Thanks Stefan. Yes the testfilter and duplicate function will help- I suppose I was hoping for a quicker method of creating a large amount of tests (50+).
Badge +21
Hi Owen,

What is the test you are going to perform? If it is a "simple test" for instance Attribute = 5 than you can try to use a SchemaMapper and map all these values for instance to a different feature. If you have a more complex test this might be trickier.

Another option would be to iterate through all Atrtibutes with a PythonCaller, do the checks, and then create an Attribute based on this.

Badge +1
Many thanks, the schema mapper looks useful. I'll look into it, although it doesnt appear to read excel files, which is my input
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
From the documentation:

The lookup table may come in different formats such as: a comma-separated or plain text file; a spreadsheet (Excel or Google); or a database such as Oracle, PostGRES, Informix, SQL Server, etc.

Badge +14
Owen - The Excel restriction you notice may be because you are using the 64bit FME on an earlier Version of FME than 2012. For a time Excel wasn't supported on the 64bit platform. As Itay notes, it is now. I recommend you take a look over here for some helpful tips:

http://evangelism.safe.com/fmeevangelist71/

Badge +1
Hi Dave! Hope you are well.

Im using FME 2012 SP3 32 bit version, ESRI edition. The only option in the schema mapper is csv...
Userlevel 3
Badge +17
Hi Owen,

It sounds odd. In my current environment (FME2012 Pro. Build 12266 Win32), when I clicked [...] button which appears at right side of "Format" text box on "SchemaMapper Parameters", "Reader Gallery" has opened. The gallery is showing many format names including CSV and XLS_ADO, I could select one of them. I think this is the normal response of FME.

If you cannot find XLS_ADO in your "Reader Gallery", you'd better contact Safe support.