Skip to main content
Hi,

I'm working with some CAD data that was recently converted to GIS and I'm attempting to clean up the data using a trail version of the MRF2DCleaner.  I've ran through the process a couple of times but I'm still not getting the desired output.  Does this tool need to read the original CAD data for it to be fully functional or will it operate properly reading GIS data?

Also, the first couple of times I ran the transformer it failed to complete referencing an error regarding short elements.  I went back into the original data and deleted out any features less than a half foot in length (with the "Cleaning Tolerance" set to 25 feet) but then it kept giving me the same error saying, "Set 'Delete Short Geometries' to 'Yes' with 'Cleaning Tolerance' no less than 0.236845."  Since several short geometries do exist that are longer than the length specified, is there any reason it is forcing me to set this parameter?

Lastly, I've noticed in some cases where features are already snapped to the correct point, that they are either being deleted or snapped to other features where they don't belong.  Is there a way to prevent these already correct features from being manipulated?

Thanks,

Aaron
Hi Aaron,

it's difficult to say without any concrete examples, but the MRF suite transformers can sometimes be a bit confusing in their behaviour. I would strongly recommend that you read the chapters of the MRF manual/help for the relevant functions that you're using. There can be some gotcha's and other special cases that need further processing -- the suite if unfortunately not always a magic bullet for all problems.

If you're stil having problems, could you post some screenshots of an example (with geometries, preferrably)?

Also, the MRF2DCleaner should work equally well with CAD and GIS data sources.

David
David,

Thank you for the quick response. I have read through much of the help documentation and I'm still unable to generate the desired output using the parameters I have set for the data.  Here is a link to a couple of screen shots showing the data I have and a brief description of the main problems I'm experiencing.

I'm still relatively new to FME so I'm sure some of the issues are just lack of experience on my part but trying to learn a separate set of transformers is also proving to be rather difficult. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

If you can send me some sample data and a little more details on the desired results and workflow, I can probably help you!

Thanks!

Laura
Laura,

Sounds great.  Would your Gmail address be the best place to send it?

Thanks,

Aaron