Solved

InlineQuerier Transformer to import data from another transformer?

• 10 January 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi FME'ers

Is it possible to get the Inline querier to import in fields from the workflow rather than from a reader? 

i.e. I have a table that I am reading, I then carry out a number of processes on it and rename fields etc, then I want an Inline querier to take that data along with another table being read in and create a join. Joiner transformer constantly crashes and closes my FME down when I try to use the ArcSDE format.

icon

Best answer by davideagle 10 January 2013, 21:24

View original

3 replies

Badge +14
Hi Kam, hope all is well!

In short, I don't think so, though I'm assuming you are wanting to do this to avoid keying in lots of attribute names? Assuming thats the case, this is a bit of a cheat but might help:

1) Before the InlineQuerier add a sampler, and sample out 1 feature.

2) Add an AttributeCreator with attribute value "_layer" and value of "kam".

3) Next add a Recorder and set an output FFS path and the Feature Type Attribute value to _layer.

3) Run the workspace and write 1 feature into the recorder.

4) Now delete that lot.

5) Add an FFS Reader and add the _layer FeatureType from the FFS you just created.

6) Now go to the InlineQuerier and Import your Schema but check that any attributes you created in your workflow (rather than having come from the origin) have the desired data type.

It seems long winded but much quicker than manually typing out lots of attributes.

Cheers, Dave
Badge
Thank you very much Mr.Eagle! 

Worked a treat... but it would be useful i they added a new feature to that transformer to connect a transformer into a port or something.

Thank you again
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Kam,

We'd like to know more about why the JOiner is crashing -- please follow up with support on that, but with respect to the field import, we've got some ideas on how to make this better in FME 2014 (and we'll give the same treatment as we end up giving the InlineQuerier to the MapTextLabeller -- it has the same type of issue).

Good feedback, thanks.

Dale