Solved

HttpCaller - DELETE in batch mode

• 12 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +11

Hi all,

I’m using: FME(R) 2024.0.1.0 (20240328 - Build 24202 - WIN64)

I do want to know if there is the possibility to use the HttpCaller to launch chunk of requests.

My DELETE request: https://xyz.api.here.com/hub/spaces/@Value(space)/features/@Value(xyz_id)

each request sends to that Hub the action to delete each Feature by its ID (xyz_id).

I need to delete around 4M records, and running the workbench feature by feature, takes days.

Is that possible to get it faster?

Thanks for you help,

Juanma

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 12 April 2024, 10:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

If the API supports bulk deletes, you probably can use FME to do the requests. The only other way of speeding things up that I know of is to send more concurrent requests. This can be set under Advanced. But the server processing the requests is the bottleneck and you will find there is a sweet spot in the amount of requests sent without getting time outs because the server can’t handle them anymore.

Badge +11

If the API supports bulk deletes, you probably can use FME to do the requests. The only other way of speeding things up that I know of is to send more concurrent requests. This can be set under Advanced. But the server processing the requests is the bottleneck and you will find there is a sweet spot in the amount of requests sent without getting time outs because the server can’t handle them anymore.

Thanks @nielsgerrits , I guess I’ve see no info regarding the bulk delete under that API. Regarding the concurrent requests, where exactly is that “Advanced” mode? is it within the HttpCaller transformer? I do want to give a try with that.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Badge +11

Thanks!
I had an old version of HttpCaller and couldn’t see that Advanced feature. Sorry for that. But looks like now is flying!  ;)