Skip to main content
Solved

FeatureWriter / Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service - Publish GDB with relationships

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I have successfully created a workflow that populates an empty template GDB with a relationship class (1 to 1) pre-created in ArcPro. The workflow works fine but I’m thinking to publish the same data onto our Portal for GIS platform to avoid the manual process of publishing the GDB through ArcPro.

As far as I’m aware, FME will not create the relationship class and I was thinking to upload an empty template GDB (with 1 to 1 relationship class already created) to Portal for GIS and then point my FME to the feature hosted layer and fill the layer with the data,

I have done some basics tests but can’t see that the relation class 1:1 works fine in Portal for GIS (even the empty template has set up correctly the relation)

Does anyone have some experience publishing data onto Portal for GIS (or AGOL) with relationships?

Any ideas more than welcome,

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hello, @galigis.

Thanks for posting your question. After looking into this with our team, here is a possible workaround. 

So generally the relationship is hidden in Portal/AGOL. What you could try out is have one of the target GDBs(that is already populated) and publish that to Portal. From there you should be able to see exactly how the relationship is maintained. It may be something as simple as just needing to write the PK/FK for the parent/child features, etc.

Let me know if this helps! If not, happy to help further!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Thanks @AliAtSafe - yes, that’s what I finally did to get the get it to work: I have published the same empty template GDB and it worked,

Much appreciated :)