Skip to main content

Hello, 

I was wondering if this can be done with an operator? Many times, I see polygon shapefiles which have a feature duplicated even 1,000 times (same coordinates).

Let's say that I need a clean shapefile, and I want to get rid of the polygons which are duplicated several times (i am not interested in the attributes..even if they are different for the same geometry, I want to delete them and keep only one)

Is this possible? 

Oh my God. I meant which*** not witch! Why can't we edit our post? I cannot understand any reason for this. At least a time frame of 10 minutes for editinf reasons...

Sorry all!

Hi,

There are several ways to do it, I would calculate a CRC on the geometry and test for unique CRC values.

Hope this helps.
btw for testing unique CRC values I would use the duplicate remover.

Hi Robert,

have you looked at the Matcher? It will allow you to find matching features based on matching geometry, matching attributes, or both.

If you already have a license for the MRFCleaner transformers (or have a budget for it), the MRF2DCleaner will do the same thing, but with a lot more options and functionality. Very handy in some instances.

If you want to persue the solution proposed by Itay, take a look at the CRCCalculator. Just be aware that this solution will not give you any leeway in regards of tolerances, though.

David

Hello,

Thank you all for the assistance!