Question

Converting dgn(v8) file format to dgn(v7) file format (dimension attribute is missing)

• 20 December 2022
  • 2 replies

dear FME,

I've been having problems with converting dgn(v8) file format to dgn(v7) file format, and after exploring the forums looking for a solution, I encountered a similar problem with reference number PR#72482 that no solution was posted to it, and I wanted to know if anything has changed regarding the referenced problem, or is it still a low priority for a fix?

thanks in advance

2 replies

we're facing the same problem, dimension elements are wrongly interpreted as unreadable texts, would love to get an answer!

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @sharbel​ & @mouenr​ In relation to this thread, the ticket PR#72482 currently has no ETA for this fix to be implemented. I've added a note to the developers with your concern, I would suggest that you file a support case to raise the priority. A possible workaround that one of our developers thought of would be:

"I can expose the model information on a no-geometric feature. This would include the model master units and the model subunits, and the ratio between them. The user could then create a workspace which takes all the dimension text and uses the decimal portion to create an integer for the subunits, then recreate the text as MU - SU. (~ 1 day)

I.E. 5.16 equals 5 MU, plus 16*(12 MU per SU) = 2 SU. so '5 - 2'.

If they know that all the files are the same MU and SU, then they can create a workspace that does this without me exposing the model information on a feature."

Please let us know if this workaround works for you, or if you are encountering a different issue :)