Solved

How to keep DGN dimension text from converting to decimal numbers

• 21 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am reading in DGN files using the Bentley MicroStation Design (V8) Reader and am writing to PDF's. For some reason, FME is converting the dimension text to decimal numbers as it reads the DGN (i.e. 3'-6" is read as 3.5) - I can't even get it to appear correctly in Data Inspector. I tried bringing in the dimensions as an aggregate (Unchecked "Drop Dimensions" parameter on the writer), but when I exploded igds_dim_text{}, the text_string attribute was still a decimal number... I have attached screenshots below - the image on the left is viewed within MicroStation, and the image on the right is from FME Data Inspector. Does anyone know how I can get the dimension text to come into FME exactly as is appears in MicroStation?

As seen in the images above, the lines are also in different locations in FME... If you can figure this out too, you get bonus points :-)

Below is a screenshot of my reader parameters. I also tried changing input units to IGDS_UORS, but did not notice a change. Also, as mentioned above, I tried setting "Drop Dimensions" to No, but still encountered the same problems.

Thank you for all of your help!!

-Courtney

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 22 September 2016, 20:28

View original

4 replies

Badge +16

Hi @courtney_m, looks to me like a case for support....

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I confirmed the problem so filed this with our developers. The reference number is PR#72482 and I will let you know what they say and if/when this is fixed.

Apologies for the inconvenience this must be causing.

Badge

I confirmed the problem so filed this with our developers. The reference number is PR#72482 and I will let you know what they say and if/when this is fixed.

Apologies for the inconvenience this must be causing.

Great, thank you @Mark2AtSafe and @itay. I will await a response from support.
Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Great, thank you @Mark2AtSafe and @itay. I will await a response from support.
Hi. Not sure if you filed a case with support or not, but I heard back from the developers and it is not great news. While it's a confirmed issue, that they've investigated and understand, it's not a very high priority for a fix. And I don't see a realistic workaround either. For the moment all I can suggest is that you contact support with any further information that might help us raise the priority (eg it's a high profile project). Again, quote PR#72482 if you do contact them. Apologies that I can't be any more help than that.