Question

Convert Excel to pdf

• 12 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi!

I am trying to convert an excel spread sheet (no spatial data involved, just plain data) into a pdf file with pagination based on a field in the spread sheet. Can somebody help me through the steps of this conversion? I have seen posts about using table adder, text adder, pdf styler, pdf page formatter etc. but I am trying to understand the high-level steps to start developing this process.

I was hoping SAFE would have some webinar or tutorial on simple excel to pdf conversion, all I can find is extracting data from pdf and converting to excel.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

LSugumar.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Do you want to ‘print’ excel sheets/pages or do you want to print data that is stored in the excel sheet on a page and write that as pdf?

For printing excel sheets and pages FME is not capable of reading the sheet as viewed by the user and write this to pdf. But… you could use a SystemCaller to give Excel or a PDF-printer program the command to write a PDF file when the Excel file has the correct print settings already.

If you want data from the excel printed on a pdf. This is possible. But you have to place everything on the correct ‘coordinates’ of the pdf page. You could also use the WordStyler to put everything on the right spot and then print the word file, again with something like a print command in the systemcaller.