Solved

Error writing to a hard drive on another server

• 8 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I am starting with FME Server and can someone help me understand and learn

I have a download process that runs on a virtual machine with Windows Server 2019 data center (Server 1) and it must write a file to a disk of another virtual machine that also has Windows Server 2019 data center (Server 2), but I gives permissions error.

I understand that the process is executed with a user created in the FME Server, in this case of type System.

My doubts are:
Should the user created on the FME Server also be created as a user on Server 1 and have write permissions to the Server 2 disk?

Should the user be changed in FME Server to Directory Server type or is it not necessary?

icon

Best answer by david_r 8 April 2024, 16:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Have you already configured the Engine service using a dedicated domain account with the appropriate network permissions?

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Flow/AdminGuide/Running-FME-Engines-Under-Different-Accounts.htm

Badge +2

Thanks 

After reviewing how the services are running

FME services (application server, core, database and engine) are running with Local System

I understand that a user must be created in Windows Server 2019 data center with the necessary permissions and changed so that the FME services run with this account, is that correct?

Userlevel 5

Thanks 

After reviewing how the services are running

FME services (application server, core, database and engine) are running with Local System

I understand that a user must be created in Windows Server 2019 data center with the necessary permissions and changed so that the FME services run with this account, is that correct?

That is correct, except for the database service, which must continue to run as Local System.

To make a long story short: for security reasons, Windows does not allow services running as Local System any access to network resources.

Badge +2

Thanks a lot 

I'm going to create a Windows user account with the necessary permissions and try the download again