Question

workspace disappeared from my local drive !! and no I did not delete it ?

• 8 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

Something strange happened. I was working on a my FME workspace this afternoon and after I was done working I closed it normally, however later tonight I started FME and to my surprise I couldn't find that workspace along with few other workspaces in my local drive. this is really strange...

Any suggestions on how to recover those files even if they are deleted by system or by some virus...

Thanks

H

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Is it not in your recent workspaces list anymore?

Is this on a computer you have full control over? Is there any chance somebody else could have used it and accidentally deleted it?

Is it not in your recent workspaces list anymore?

Is this on a computer you have full control over? Is there any chance somebody else could have used it and accidentally deleted it?

hi @Hans van der Maarel​

No one have access to my machine other than me, i am working from home and there is no sharing involved in my situation. however i am using ArcGIS data interoperability extension to create these workspaces in FME. I had linked the workspace with my Spatial ETL tool within ArcGIS. So then the question is if I delete that Spatial ETL tool in ArcGIS, would it also delete the workspace linked with it?? if so is there is a way to recover those deleted toolboxes?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

hi @Hans van der Maarel​

No one have access to my machine other than me, i am working from home and there is no sharing involved in my situation. however i am using ArcGIS data interoperability extension to create these workspaces in FME. I had linked the workspace with my Spatial ETL tool within ArcGIS. So then the question is if I delete that Spatial ETL tool in ArcGIS, would it also delete the workspace linked with it?? if so is there is a way to recover those deleted toolboxes?

Thanks

I don't use ArcGIS myself, but it does sound like a plausible explanation. I certainly don't have a better one to be honest.

Badge +2

Hi @hussainalimalik​ ,

This sounds very similar to an issue (FMEENGINE-63775) that is currently marked as resolved in our tracking system. Are you able to upgrade to Data Interoperability for Pro 2.6 (FME 2020.0.1.0 Build 20218) to see if that resolves the issue? Our team introduced a fix for this behaviour in builds 20218+, please let us know if you are still experiencing the same issue after trying in 2.6.

Hi @chrisatsafe​ 

Thanks for getting back to me . i am using ArcPro 2.6.2 and Data interoperability extension is version [Data Interoperability (node locked-crc)

FME(R) 2020.0.1.0 (20200407 - Build 20218 - WIN64)] . Also i would like your comment of FME latest version, I believe its is not compatible with ArcPro Data interoperability extension.

@chrisatsafe​ Since you are at Safe I would also like to pick your brain on totally different topic i.e. creating a geoprocessing tool in ArcPro from FME workspace. i have been doing some research to find some resources on it but didn't get too far. Would you be able to put me in the right direction? Basically all I want is to make a ArcPro Geoprocessing tool from FME workspace that would have functionality for user to input different values for certain variables and do calculations (just like any geo processing tool in ArcPro tool box).

Thanks in advance

H

hi @Hans van der Maarel​

Thanks

yeah !! that's the only explanation that i can come up with, i will do the experiment to validate my theory though..

Cheers

H

Badge +2

Hi @chrisatsafe​ 

Thanks for getting back to me . i am using ArcPro 2.6.2 and Data interoperability extension is version [Data Interoperability (node locked-crc)

FME(R) 2020.0.1.0 (20200407 - Build 20218 - WIN64)] . Also i would like your comment of FME latest version, I believe its is not compatible with ArcPro Data interoperability extension.

@chrisatsafe​ Since you are at Safe I would also like to pick your brain on totally different topic i.e. creating a geoprocessing tool in ArcPro from FME workspace. i have been doing some research to find some resources on it but didn't get too far. Would you be able to put me in the right direction? Basically all I want is to make a ArcPro Geoprocessing tool from FME workspace that would have functionality for user to input different values for certain variables and do calculations (just like any geo processing tool in ArcPro tool box).

Thanks in advance

H

Not entirely sure as I haven't done this myself, but it seems like you'll need to create a spatial etl tool. I'm not sure if you can do it from an existing workspace but may be you can copy/paste the transformers into it?… Might be worthwhile checking with Esri's Data Interop team or posting as a new question to see if any other user have any insight in to this?