Question

Missing data when writing to FGDB with dynamic schema

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me out there. I am writing to a FGDB with dynamic schema, using the "fme_feature_type" to create the feature classes. I am missing 1 feature in every feature class that is written. If there is only 1 "fme_feature_type" record the feature class does not get created at all.

Writer parameters image is below, I am taking the Geometry type from the first feature it finds, not sure if this is the issue? but I have different geometry types for 'fme_feature_types", so see it as the only option.

Does it use the first feature to define the feature class only? and not write the feature out? Can't see why that should be the case.

Image below of; Statistic Summary just before it is written to FDGB of "fme_feature_type", Examples below"

- AU1_ADMARE_p has 9 features

- AU1_BCNCAR_p has 1 feature

- AU1_BCNISD_p has 1 feature

- AU1_BCNSPP_p has 22 features

After FGDB is written, image below:

- AU1_ADMARE_a has 8 features

- AU1_BCNCAR_p is missing, no feature class created

- AU1_BCNCAR_p is missing, no feature class created

- AU1_BCNSPP_p has 21 features

and so on for every feature class.

Logfile is attached also, can't see any issues in it either.

FME versoin: FME(R) 2019.1.3.1 (20191019 - Build 19643 - WIN64)

Any help will be greatly appropriated.

4 replies

Badge +2

@brendanneal Are you using the FeatureReader Schema to get a schema feature? If you are, then it might be setting:

fme_schema_handling = ‘schema only’

This assumes that the first feature only has a schema and no data, so it's used to create the feature class, but not loaded as a data feature. See the Gotchas section at the end of Dynamic Workflows: Destination Schema is Derived from a Schema Feature.

@brendanneal Are you using the FeatureReader Schema to get a schema feature? If you are, then it might be setting:

fme_schema_handling = ‘schema only’

This assumes that the first feature only has a schema and no data, so it's used to create the feature class, but not loaded as a data feature. See the Gotchas section at the end of Dynamic Workflows: Destination Schema is Derived from a Schema Feature.

Thanks Mark, yes I am reading through a FeatureReader, still getting my head around the Dynamic Schema flow, will look at the link and see how I go.

Thanks Brendan

Badge +2

Thanks Mark, yes I am reading through a FeatureReader, still getting my head around the Dynamic Schema flow, will look at the link and see how I go.

Thanks Brendan

@brendanneal If you are using FeatureReader then just use an attributeremover to remove the fme_schema_handling attribute

@brendanneal If you are using FeatureReader then just use an attributeremover to remove the fme_schema_handling attribute

Thanks Mark, did exactly that yesterday and all is working a treat now!!