Solved

InterBase & Ingress

• 15 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

Hello,

Main Query:

I need to connect to an InterBase DB and it's not listed in the "Reader Gallery".

I have installed the ODBC driver(s) for it.

Can someone please advise how to go about creating this database connection possibly using the FDS file import?

What about making use of an ODBC connection?

I can already connect to this database using the IBProvider driver on a different server using a different application.

In this particular case though, I must use FME to connect to this table to build a test Corporate Notification Service.

Secondary Queries:

I also noticed that Ingress was not listed as a "Reader Format" by default.

Do you have any plan for implementing this?

Has anyone managed to use FirmStep APIs in FME?

Thanks,

Sameer

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 16 April 2019, 19:54

View original

3 replies

Badge +10

Please ignore question related to Ingres.

Badge +2

For others that might find this question in a search - FME supports Actian Ingress Spatial and non-spatial

@sameer I can't find any record of someone trying to connect to InterBase DB with FME. I think you should be able to connect via a suitable ODBC driver, possibly a JDBC driver. An example of creating an ODBC connection can be found here. For ODBC, just make sure you're matching FME 64bit to a 64bit ODBC driver (or FME 32 & OBDC 32)

Badge +10

For others that might find this question in a search - FME supports Actian Ingress Spatial and non-spatial

@sameer I can't find any record of someone trying to connect to InterBase DB with FME. I think you should be able to connect via a suitable ODBC driver, possibly a JDBC driver. An example of creating an ODBC connection can be found here. For ODBC, just make sure you're matching FME 64bit to a 64bit ODBC driver (or FME 32 & OBDC 32)

@markatsafe, thank you for the response. After posting this question I did more research and indeed found the "Actian Ingress". I tried the ODBC 3.x at first and it failed to work. That's because, as you stated, I made a connection using a 32 Bit driver whilst using FME 64 bit. (school boy error!). Spot on.