Solved

FME Emailer and Multiple Attribute Lists

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to have multiple lists in a single email.

I have a ID field for features missing invert elevations, being passed to a list builder, list concatenator, to an attribute manager (to insert some text before the ID's), and then the Emailer transformer.

I want to include the construction drawings each ID has, so I am using a DuplicateFilter and going through the same series of transformers but the emailer sends out 2 different emails, each with the different list.

I am testing on FME 2018.1 and will be publishing this to FME Server 2018.1 as well.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 28 May 2019, 06:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

The number of features reaching the Emailer will result in the same number of emails. So you have to merge the two features into one.

Several ways to do this, you could use a FeatureMerger (for incoming features from two different directions) or an Aggregator (two features from the same direction). In both cases the attributes or lists you want to merge must have different names to prevent one overwriting the other one.

mergefeaturessample2019.fmwt

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

The number of features reaching the Emailer will result in the same number of emails. So you have to merge the two features into one.

Several ways to do this, you could use a FeatureMerger (for incoming features from two different directions) or an Aggregator (two features from the same direction). In both cases the attributes or lists you want to merge must have different names to prevent one overwriting the other one.

Nice Job!

Badge

Thanks so much for the solution, I used the aggregator method on each section, before aggregating those into a single feature which I was able to stylize in the HTML Report Generator to send a single email with multiple sections and lines detailing any errors found.

Thanks!