Solved

Invalid Base64 Character reading AGOL Attachments

• 6 March 2019
  • 4 replies

I am trying to read attachments from an AGOL feature service. Specifically, it is a jpg image. I have the reader feed into a BinaryDecoder set to Base64, outputting Binary(fme-binary), then going into a rasterreplacer. Error occurs on the BinaryDecoder. The error is:

BinaryDecoder(TextEncoderFactory): Invalid Base64 character 'ÿ'

Does anyone know how to handle or avoid this error?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by lars_de_vries 6 March 2019, 17:00

View original

4 replies

Badge +10

If I remember well, you do not need the BinaryDecoder. You should be able to just use the RasterReplacer. Set the attribute that contains the raster as the Blob attribute and choose the correct Format, JPEG in most cases. That should do the trick.

If I remember well, you do not need the BinaryDecoder. You should be able to just use the RasterReplacer. Set the attribute that contains the raster as the Blob attribute and choose the correct Format, JPEG in most cases. That should do the trick.

I tried this transformer but it doesn't seem to work for what I am trying to accomplish. Basically, I am just needing to read the attachment from an AGOL feature service, so I can then save it to a different geodatabase as an attachment there.

Has anyone else seen this error reading attachments from AGOL?

Cheers!
Badge +5

I've got a workspace that backups data from AGOL into SQL, with attachments I don't do any encoding or decoding of the attribute containing the image, it just goes straight into a SQL field of with the SQL writer having a type of image.

A workspace that extracts the attachments from SQL to files just uses an AttributeFileWriter that has Target File Encoding set to Binary (fee-binary).

Yup, looks like I was overcomplicating it. This works. Did a quick test and looks like this will work.

Cheers!