Solved

Module 'AUTOCAD_OD' is unavailable for use with this FME edition

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I have a 2016.1.1 workspace, reading from gdb, writing to dwg (Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D Object Data).

When I run it on Desktop, I get the following errors.

2019-07-03 12:13:55|   5.9|  0.0|WARN  |Library 'D:\apps\fme_2016_1_1_64\plugins/realdwg/REALDWG.dll' was found but could not be loaded. Ensure that all the dependent modules exist for this library
2019-07-03 12:13:55|   5.9|  0.0|ERROR |Module 'AUTOCAD_OD' is unavailable for use with this FME edition
2019-07-03 12:13:55|   5.9|  0.0|ERROR |Module 'AUTOCAD_OD' is unavailable for use with this FME edition
2019-07-03 12:13:55|   5.9|  0.0|ERROR |FeatureWriter_3(WriterFactory): Module 'AUTOCAD_OD' is unavailable for use with this FME edition

When I run it on Server, I get the same errors for some datasets, but not all.

I synced back the production data to my local machine, run the workbench with the same dataset as it works on server, and still get this error.

I think I read something about a similar problem, but can't find where...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What I tried:

Original workspace / dummy feature / original featurewriter = fail

Original workspace / create new featurewriter = fail

Original workspace / dummy feature / new featurewriter = fail

New workspace / create dummy feature / new featurewriter = success

New workspace / copy all transformers from old workspace and paste in new workspace = fail

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 3 July 2019, 19:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @nielsgerrits,

This problem has been reported before, and was tracked to a DLL version conflict between the geodatabase reader/writer (ArcObjects) and the RealDWG plugin. Unfortunately, we have no control over either library, and so cannot resolve it ourselves.

We have found the best workaround is to have RealDWG called first, since it uses the newest version of the DLL. This is difficult in your case, since you are reading from GDB and writing to AutoCAD. You may need to add a RealDWG reader to your workspace to read an empty DWG file, then move it to the top of the reader list, to ensure it is called first.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Hi @nielsgerrits,

This problem has been reported before, and was tracked to a DLL version conflict between the geodatabase reader/writer (ArcObjects) and the RealDWG plugin. Unfortunately, we have no control over either library, and so cannot resolve it ourselves.

We have found the best workaround is to have RealDWG called first, since it uses the newest version of the DLL. This is difficult in your case, since you are reading from GDB and writing to AutoCAD. You may need to add a RealDWG reader to your workspace to read an empty DWG file, then move it to the top of the reader list, to ensure it is called first.

Hey @daveatsafe, thank you very much for your reaction! Going to try the workaround, no issue for me to implement this. Very happy if this works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Hi @nielsgerrits,

Simply adding an Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D Object Data FeatureReader pointing to nothing did the trick. Thanks again Dave.

Simply adding an Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D Object Data FeatureReader pointing to nothing did the trick. Thanks again Dave.

Hi @nielsgerrits​ , I know it's a long time ago, but could you elaborate a bit on your solution? I'm running into similar problems (with other dll's). If I understand correctly, your solution was to still read the gdb, and write to the dwg file, but to add an Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D Object Data FeatureReader in between, that points to nothing.? I'm a bit confused to how that would solve the problem.. Hope you still remember ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Hej @yannick-m​ , what I did is add a FeatureReader (Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D Object Data) reading only 1 feature from a small file in the very beginning of the process to force those DLL's being used first. Later in the process I read from SDE and write to GDB / DWG.

Thanks for the quick reply, helps a lot. I have an idea how to solve the issue now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Let me know when I can help more. Curious, which formats are causing this in your process?

I'm having issues with the Module 'ACAD' (ACAD.dll) for AutoCad files, and with the Module 'TEXTLINE' (TEXTLINE.dll) for writing text files.