Skip to main content

Hi FME Community!

In the spirit of the upcoming Canadian Thanksgiving, this week’s Question of the Week is all about giving thanks.

Tag a user (or a few users) in the comments below that you’d like to thank or shoutout! Maybe they’ve taught you something about FME, answered one of your questions, or just brightened up your day.

New to the Question of the Week? 

Every week, we’ll post a simple but thought-provoking question that could be about your FME journey, the power of spatial data, FME innovation, or the future of FME.

Each weekly question you answer earns you an entry in our monthly draw for exclusive Safe swag ($50 value) and points toward badges! Answer our October Questions of the Week by Thursday, October 31 at 5:00 pm PDT to be entered in this month’s draw.

Answer your first question and you’ll get the Socializer (Ice Breaker) badge. Answer five questions and you’ll get the Socializer (Talker) badge.

Hi FME Community!

In the spirit of the upcoming Canadian Thanksgiving, this week’s Question of the Week is all about giving thanks.

Tag a user in the comments below that you’d like to thank or shoutout! Maybe they’ve taught you something about FME, answered one of your questions, or just brightened up your day.

New to the Question of the Week? 

Every week, we’ll post a simple but thought-provoking question that could be about your FME journey, the power of spatial data, FME innovation, or the future of FME.

Each weekly question you answer earns you an entry in our monthly draw for exclusive Safe swag ($50 value) and points toward badges! Answer our October Questions of the Week by Thursday, October 31 at 5:00 pm PDT to be entered in this month’s draw.

Answer your first question and you’ll get the Socializer (Ice Breaker) badge. Answer five questions and you’ll get the Socializer (Talker) badge.

Shouting out @mark2atsafe for all the incredible work he does in the community and the warm welcome to the team at Safe he’s given me!

I would like to thanks @takashi for all helps with users.

Seconding a thanks to @takashi, many many years ago, his help was what got me involved in the forums/community :)

Seconding a thanks to @takashi, many many years ago, his help was what got me involved in the forums/community :)

He was one of the first users I heard about when I joined the team at Safe!

Similarly @takashi was the first to open my eyes many years ago about “thinking differently” with how FME could be used in ways I don’t think even Safe had even intended or considered.  That of course is also true for a lot of subject matter experts here 😉

FME is maybe a little akin to Lego.  Safe throws us a bunch of bricks to build with and sometimes some users join those bricks together to create some truly elegant solutions that not many had thought about or seen before.

@danielleatsafe for organizing these new community engagement activities and all the other work you do to help the community grow.

Also if I get two, I will add @fmelizard for constantly working overtime and all the encouraging private messages. (Even though @fmelizard definitely was cheating high score for a good while)

I fully agree with the praise for Takashi (he gets an honourable mention at every training course that we do), but I'd like to give a shout out to @nielsgerrits for all his contributions to this community.

Shoutout to @nielsgerrits, it's funny to ask him a question in person and then both of us googling and finding his old answers on the forum. And of course the speculation yesterday on if he broke the leaderboard with his almost but not quite 10.000 points.

I have learned a lot from many people on the forums and continue to do so daily. @david_r  is one of many I would like to thank for sharing his knowledge and experience.

Lots of great people that I’ve learned so much from! In no particular order, @takashi @redgeographics @nielsgerrits @bwn @hkingsbury, and many more.

Also, let’s not forget all the good people from Safe, especially @mark2atsafe and @danatsafe 

@nielsgerrits tnx for showing me the power of FME (and the forum). @redgeographics love your posts on this forum and LinkedIn. Always brings a smile.

@fmelizard your hard work doesn't stay unnoticed and please forward my thanks to all your colleagues. I will take back all the nasty things I accused you of in the past, I now know it was never your intend.

Thanks to all others for making it fun to help each other releasing the power of FME to infinity and beyond.

Thanks @fmelizard for your encouraging messages. :- )

Thank you @liamfez for the kind words! It’s been a lot of fun getting to know the community.

You’re making the @fmelizard’s day @jkr_wrk!

I love that Lego analogy @bwn!

Seconding a thanks to @takashi, many many years ago, his help was what got me involved in the forums/community :)

Hehehehe :)

I'd like to thank @danielleatsafe for keeping us engaged and entertained with this. 😁

I feel like the prizes are helping these thanks! 😂 Thank you @marcust, it’s been great connecting with you!

I feel like the prizes are helping these thanks! 😂 Thank you @marcust, it’s been great connecting with you!

They are just the icing 😁

Whilst I was following the “rules” about mentioning “one” user 😊….but I will add a somewhat large amount of my FME Solution Google searches also lead back to @david_r historical posts to borrow from where he already solved something similar years ago.  Seems like we work on similar problems! 😉

You’re making the @fmelizard’s day @jkr_wrk!

@danielleatsafe : That cheating lizard is back at the top. I take back the words of taking back my words. That reptile sneaks back when you don't pay attention.

...8 …9 …10 Allright, let's not forget all the hard work he puts in maintaining the community-forum. We should have known the top is unreachable for us hardworking humans and the reptiles take over the world eventually by the power of automation. 🦎

Whilst I was following the “rules” about mentioning “one” user 😊….but I will add a somewhat large amount of my FME Solution Google searches also lead back to @david_r historical posts to borrow from where he already solved something similar years ago.  Seems like we work on similar problems! 😉

I’m updating the post! Don’t want to limit these to one shoutout 😉

@takashi Thanks for your answers and demonstrations. 

I’d like to thank @donatsafe for creating FME !

Shout! To @siennaatsafe for always being so patient with my questions. 
one goes to  Dave Campanas for his great CAD expertise 

to @kate-safe for the ESRI/fme licensing help 

to @baileyatsafe for helping me find my missing logs. 
and I’m sure I’ve had many other @safe helpers over the years. 
I am thankful for you all!