Question

Viewing Written Data in a workbench

• 8 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I have upgraded FME Workbench to FME:FORM  FME(R) 2023.0.1.0 (20230630 - Build 23332 - WIN64) 

In the previous version, when I wanted to review the written data in a file I simply clicked on the icon to View Written Data and the data would load in the preview window,

However, since I upgraded to FME:FORM, every time I want to review the written data in a table, I have fo go through the following steps, even when the qualified table name is already present.  I have done this, saved the workbench and come back and still had to follow the below steps.  In fact, if I go to another area in the workbench and try to review written data I have to repeat these steps.  Is this a bug or a feature.

Click on the View Written Data icon 
Select Dataset to View
Click on Parameters button
Under Constraints specifiy the tabke from a dropdown (even if the qualified table is already listed)

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @robertgilley.  Sorry that you’ve encountered an issue after upgrading.  What’s your Writer format?  Do you happen to be performing  fanout or setting a dynamic table name (where the table name or dataset name is based on an attribute?  It might also help if you can share a screenshot of your writer feature type parameters.

Badge +5

Thank you for your response, nampreetatsafe.  I have been wrapped up in development and unable to respond.  Now that I am close to completion, pending another issue I cannot resolve, let me say that the issue was with me and my unfamiliarity with the new version. Over the course of the last month, I had fiddled with some of the settings with the help of the local FME Admin until I finally was able to get the results I wanted.  It was something simple that the local FME Admin helped me with.  At this point, I don’t remember exactly what was done but, it was a simple adjustment in my setup, a bit of feeling overwhelmed, and a lack of knowledge of FME in general.
Again, thanks for reaching back out.