Question

Long(?) thread of suggestions for improving the FMECommunity

• 20 February 2013
  • 13 replies

Badge +21
Some feedback on the FMECommunity and suggestions for improvement. Anyone else with suggestions?

Topic Size Advantage Widescreen S Readability when attaching images! Give a notification when someone replies to a post you replied to (not only posts that you have posted to) M More activity! Make it possible to store upload an image (instead of using an online image-service that will remove the image after for instance 14 days) - Use FME to download the image and store in Safes own DB. XL No broken images! Possible to upload workspaces and download them directly L Huge bank with workspaces! Get the number of replies on each post when using the search M See empty questions! You can "only" go 10 pages backwards on the search S Find older posts on a topic Edit-post M Correct errors

13 replies

Badge +21
Topic Advantage Widescreen Readability when attaching images! Give a notification when someone replies to a post you replied to (not only posts that you have posted to) More activity! Make it possible to store upload an image (instead of using an online image-service that will remove the image after for instance 14 days) - Use FME to download the image and store in Safes own DB. No broken images! Possible to upload workspaces and download them directly Huge bank with workspaces! Get the number of replies on each post when using the search See empty questions! You can "only" go 10 pages backwards on the search Find older posts on a topic Edit-post Correct errors

Badge +2
Good list!

I believe a collated list of suggestions is also listed within:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/AnswersQuestionDetail?id=906a0000000cZlfAAE
Badge +1
Don't forget passport when flying away     XL  :)
Userlevel 5
My biggest wish is for Safe to replace the current forum software with something from StackExchange (see http://gis.stackexchange.com/ for an example). The current system feels rather clunky in comparison.

As a bonus, it would also enable them to concentrate on FME rather than re-inventing yet another forum system ;-)

(Won't help much with passports, though!)

David
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Edit-post  !! :)
Badge +21
Thx Heinz! Not going to hear that on all future meetings....
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Thanks for the feedback everyone. We are currently planning our next sprint to improve and expand the functionality of the community so this feedback is invaluable.
Badge +21
RSS-feed!
Badge +21
Copy-paste images within the edit-window instead of saving it to disk and then upload it
Badge +14
I always promote the Community Group in training but it doesn't have the same impact that the Google Group had because it's missing an important  headline. The Google Group told you how many registered members there were of the group right on the landing page (2,724 at last count)... if people see right away that there's >2000 people registered, it immediately becomes a worthwile place to visit. Having that headline as well as an ability to see who is registered will start to give it more of a 'community' feel.
Badge +21
Dave: I agree. Also some other statistics on the frontpage would help:

- Number of posts

- Average posts per day the last week. 

- Weekly "best thread" as chosen by Safe.
Badge +2
After today's posting fiasco, edit functionality because I couldn't find my R's (no pun intended), plus ability to paste/upload image (minimum) or attachment (maximum)
Badge +14
A persistent login between browser tabs would be helpful. At the moment if I open several posts in different tabs only the first has my login details, the others need me to login again if I want to post...