Skip to main content

Hi Community!

Is there anyone who has experience regarding interaction/integration possibilities of FME with Microsoft Copilot? Maybe in connection with image recognition tasks?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Christoph

Hi @kirc 

I apologize that no one has reached out about your question yet. I don’t believe we have anything for Copilot but we do have an AzureComputerVisionConnector package on the FME Hub.

If the service you are looking for is not supported by those transformers you can re-use/modify the Web Service that comes with the package and access other Azure based services using the REST or Python API, if available. 

Crystal

Thanks for the info @crystalatsafe, I was also thinking about going via Azure to access the APIs provided by Copilot there. I will also check out the AzureComputerVisionConnector. In case some news/use cases etc. come up along the way you are welcome to let me know.

Thanks,

Christoph

Any idea how to retrieve the URL for the APIs provided by Copilot ?

Hi @philippeb 

You could look into what underlying model Microsoft uses for Copilot and use that in the OpenAIChatGPTConnector.

These links may be helpful:

Tutorial: Getting Started with OpenAI in FME

Unleashing the Power of OpenAI GPT-3 in FME Data Integration Workflows

Alternatively, you could also deploy and fine-tune your own model to try to mimic what Copilot does.

If Copilot Studio allows you to see the required endpoints, you would likely need to create a new custom transformer.  

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Crystal

Hi @crystalatsafe 

Thanks for the hints!

Unfortunately my employer blocks systemically everything about OpenAI / ChatGPT.

They are forcing us to use only Copilot Pro.

I am about to dig more with the IT where and how I can use Copilot API.

Have a good day!