Question

Excel writing issue

• 19 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

hello 

i am trying to write something in excel format but the result are like in the picture, how to write the data from the start of each row

please suggest

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I suspect the data in your workbench is also not in one and the same row.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@2eight Are you saying that there should be only 6 features/rows in your data? If so, is there some attribute which they all have in common, like the features name or id? It looks like you have multiple sources of calculations that perhaps should all relate to the same 6 features, but are currently separate in FME, leading them to be separate in the Excel output.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

As mentioned above by @liamfez if you do have a common attribute between them, you can use the aggregator with that common attribute set as the groupby and ‘Accumulation Mode’ set to ‘Merge Incoming Features’

Badge +1

@2eight Are you saying that there should be only 6 features/rows in your data? If so, is there some attribute which they all have in common, like the features name or id? It looks like you have multiple sources of calculations that perhaps should all relate to the same 6 features, but are currently separate in FME, leading them to be separate in the Excel output.

hello liam

I've extracted those values from the microstation DGN file, there were only six features,

the goal is to find the difference in terms of XY position of two lines as shown in the picture.

please suggest if any other option/method to find that

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Okay, so since there are 6 features, then I would recommend @hkingsbury ‘s solution to aggregate all of those rows back into 6 features. If there is no common key attribute like a name or id to use, you could create one. If there are 6 features being read in initially, you could add a counter and then use that count attribute as the unique attribute for the group by.